Should I stay, or should I go?

I've been thinking a lot lately about this blog and whether or not I should keep it going or just call it quits.

I like to express myself with others via words, and prior to starting this blog I used to use Twitter a lot to do that. So this blog, for me, was a way to express myself in a similar way. What I enjoyed most about Twitter was the instant feedback you'd get from people. Whether it was one person or many, I always felt like people enjoyed what I shared because they'd "@reply" saying so.

But this blog doesn't provide that "instant gratification" you get when someone enjoys your post or what you shared. So I'm left second-guessing whether it's worth it or not.

I've also considered migrating the blog to Tumblr, which is, in a way, the in-between micro-blogging service so-to-speak. It's like twitter-meets-blogger, I guess.

I'll ask this question (even though I won't get an answer); have you tried Tumblr? If so, what are the pros and cons of it? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

  1. I haven't tried tumblr. Never even looked at it. I'm a google fan and I like that google has so many things in the cloud in one location. Log in once and I have soca, bookmarks, sites, email, tasks, calendar blog and so much more. What would tumblr give me? I agree about the instant gratification, but no one reads my twitter either so what's the diff if I blog or tweet? Y don't u get back on twitter? Hasn't enough time gone by?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts