Obama Announces Re-election Bid for 2012

As what some may see as a surprise move by President Obama [sarcasm], he will be running for president again in 2012.



I voted for Obama in 2008, and I like Obama and a lot of the things he's done so far. But I've also been critical of the way he's handled some things. For example, I particularly didn't think he handled the Gulf oil spill correctly. I also thought he didn't work much with Republicans on the healthcare plan (admittedly, the Republicans weren't working with Democrats either), and to me he appears arrogant at times. I also don't know what his plan for the economy has been And most recently, I didn't like that he went on the business trip through Central and South America last month at the time where the Libya situation was heating up.

Now that Obama has officially announced his bid for re-election, I wonder who'll be next on the Republican front.

You know what's funny? Just a couple of weeks ago I seriously would have considered Donald Trump for president if he were to run for office. But now, with his recent "Birther" comments, I've had to reconsider that thought. I don't think Trump really believes that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii; I think he's doing it for ratings. But I just don't take anybody seriously once they say they believe Obama isn't American, or whatever.

While we're talking about people who weren't born in a state and ran for president, you may not have known this but, John McCain wasn't actually born in a state; he was born in Panama. Don't believe me? Check out his wiki and this post by The New York Times.

Some people argue that he was born there because his father was obeying military orders to serve in Panama, which it's true, but as far as I know, he still was born outside the U.S. and not in a state. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong for looking at it that way, but that's how I look at it because I was born in Puerto Rico and I can't run for president because Puerto Rico isn't a state. Even though I am given a Social Security card and a Birth Certificate just like any other person born in the States.

Anyway...

Did you vote for Obama in 2008? Will you consider voting for him in 2012? Why or why not? I'm really interested in your opinion on this one.

Comments

  1. I don't vote. I agree with what you've said, and I don't like that Obama got involved in Libya at all. I'm not 100% on Obama this time like I was last election. I guess it depends on who steps up and how crazy they act up to the election as to who I will stand behind (but not vote for). I was almost pro Trump too, til he opened his mouth. I do like what he says about making these countries we are "helping" pay for our services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MissRable: That's why I liked Trump too. It seemed like he was gonna be able to stand up for America and make everybody who owes us pay back, but the whole "birther" thing really turned me off, especially if he's saying it just for ratings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts