Ralph Nader at Valencia College

Are you being thought to believe, or are you being thought to think.
- Ralph Nader

With all the hoopla that went on yesterday with my little accident, I forgot to mention that moments before the accident I had left from Ralph Nader's speech at Valencia College.

He was an interesting and inspiring speaker. He spoke for about an hour and at the end answered some questions. He talked about getting involved in the political process and with activist groups. I didn't vote for him when he ran for president, but I can see why someone would. He seemed to really care for the country as a whole, and for its citizens.

The quote above really stuck with me because that's truly how I approach things, especially with the media these days. We really have to be careful as to what's being fed to us day in and day out. Take the good in and reject the bad.

Anyway, one student asked him if he's planning to run for office again. Without saying no he said he'd like to see someone else step up to the plate. He said there's some good people out there he'd like to see make a run for it, though, he didn't mention any names.

I kind of want to see who else will bring some "new blood" to the race in 2012, too.

Comments

Popular Posts