Update on my fender-bender

You may recall when I wrote about a little accident I was involved in back in April. Well, I'm happy to say that my car has finally been fixed and it looks great!

Here's a picture I took just before I dropped the car off:

And here's a picture I took today:

In the first picture you'll notice the impact damaged the fender, the hood was bent, the bumper was scratched, the turn signal completely gone, and the headlight broke as well. Hector, the guy who did the body work for me, tried his best to bring the hood back to shape, but the hood didn't bend all the way so it lifts up a little bit. That's fine by me, though, he made up by fixing the rusty part that was on top of the hood before, which I didn't ask him to do, nor did he charge me for it. That's a win for me right there.

You can't see it on the pictures, but Hector did one more thing I didn't ask him to do. The right headlight was old and had yellowed over time. Because I purchased a new replacement headlight, he decided to go ahead and remove the yellowing off the right headlight so it doesn't look off by having one side new and the other one yellowish.

So how much did it cost me in the end? Well, I was referred to this body parts shop on the west side of Orlando. That shop, seems to me, is like the warehouse where all the auto-body shops in the area get their parts from. For parts I paid about $100, and for labor $400. Initially Hector charged me $400 for the labor, but I whined a little bit and he agreed to do it for $350. But after all the work he did, I think he deserved the full $400. So in the end it all cost me about $500. Not bad, right?

Now, I have to just avoid getting into any more fender-benders.

Comments

  1. I think if you stop texting while driving...

    Love,
    Kettle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts