A Little Bit About Nothing

I had a pretty good week overall last week. It started off kind of weird but overall, not bad. It started off weird because I got a speeding ticket on Labor Day while driving on 408. I was heading east when the trooper spotted me going about 70 mph just past the Semoran Blvd. toll plaza. If you're not familiar with the expressway, that's a 55 mph zone. So yeah, I was doing 15 mph over the speed limit. I pass through that area almost every day on my way in to work, and I had never been stopped for doing 70 on that highway. In fact, I've seen cops and troopers pass me at speeds well over 75 mph around that area before.

I know this because 70 mph is my usual speed limit on 408. There was also a woman driving past me real fast, and the trooper didn't see her. I asked him about this too and he became really defensive and actually kind of rude about it. I just asked him a simple question and that was if he had seen the woman drive past me. But he went on the defensive and even said I can contest the ticket, go to court to tell the judge my story, and he'll explain to me there how his speed gun operates. I'm sure he's used to getting people being rude to him when he gives out speeding tickets, but that sort of rhetoric was completely unnecessary with me, in my opinion. I was not rude to him by any means. Regardless, I got the ticket. I'll go to traffic school to avoid the points, and pay the ticket.

Anyway, on to another story...

Every year, around the week of 9/11, I always try to watch shows on TV that have to do with the 9/11 attacks. It never gets old for me to watch these shows.  This year I watched a new documentary called Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup.  It's a pretty interesting documentary that tries to connect the dots as to whom may have planned the 9/11 attacks and why. Hint: they don't blame Osama bin Laden for the attacks.  I wonder, though, what if what they say is really true?

Another documentary I watched was Forks Over Knives. It may have planted the seed for me to become a vegetarian.  Well, I'm not entirely going to become a vegetarian, but at least it's making me aware that I do need to eat healthier.  I'm usually the type of person that can eat just about anything, so I'll have to reshape the way I think, I guess.

Another wonderful moment last week, my daughter sounded like she said "daddy".  Couple that with the beautiful look on her face, and you had a grown man that was about to cry.  It was truly a beautiful moment for me

School is going well so far.  Initially I thought I liked all my classes, but it turns out I only like 2 of my 3 classes.  The class I don't like may not even have anything to do with the subject, which is sociology.  It's the professor that I cannot stand.  See, he really doesn't teach anything, or introduces us to new ideas.  All he's done so far since day one is 1) go over the syllabus, 2) talk a little bit about what sociology is about, 3) show a video from a news broadcast, 4) computer failed on him so he dismissed class after 10 minutes, 5) talk a little about culture.  That professor needs a reality check. I don't think he enjoys what he does for a living.

I shared in another blogpost that I was starting a new Facebook Fan Page and a new Twitter account to share deals I find around the web.  I'm still having a lot of fun with that.  My friends are very encouraging, too.  I think they like it when I find free stuff on the web and share with them.  After all, who doesn't like free stuff?

Comments

  1. OMG I just wrote a whole bunch of stuff and hit the wrong button. then I hit back and now all that stuff I typed is gone!! that sux!! Maybe I'll reshare sometime, but I'm not so much into repeating myself :P

    Saw this and thought it was right up your alley. check it out
    http://lifehacker.com/5843066/remains-of-the-day-customize-your-phone-or-computer-with-space-sounds-from-nasa

    Glad to hear all is going well. Cya on the Waze of life ... with my new crown!! woot!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts