My "Famous" Picture: As Seen on The Weather Channel


Monday night I tweeted a picture of what turns out to be an advancing "shelf" cloud. The weather always seems so crazy at the Space Center (where the picture was taken) that it's normal for me to take pictures and videos of approaching storms; most pictures and videos end up being deleted without ever being posted anywhere.  I didn't think much of the picture at the time, but one of my followers, GailyW, thought it would be a good idea to share it with some meteorologists on Twitter, including a producer from  The Weather Channel.

To make a long story short, the picture ended up being featured on WESH 2 News by Tony Mainolfi, on Weather Nation's website, and The Weather Channel.  I think it's fair to say it was the most-favorited and retweeted picture I've ever posted.


Never in my mind did I think the picture would go that far, but I think it's pretty cool that it did, and thought I would share it here for all to see.  I'm thinking that from now on I'm going to try to post more pictures, even if I don't think of them as being very spectacular.

Thank you, to all who favorited and retweeted the picture! And, also thanks to DisneyDean, NiHaoMindy, and GailyW for the comedic relief. Your autographs are in the mail. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts