The iPhone 5 Didn't Impress You. Why?


I keep hearing from a group of people that they weren't that impressed with the iPhone 5. If you are one of those people, I'm genuinely wondering, why exactly weren't you impressed? What could have Apple done differently to "wow" you to the point you're compelled to switch from your current phone or upgrade from a previous generation?

Perhaps the new, thinner and lighter design with aluminum back, which can potentially make the phone more durable didn't do it for you. I get that. But didn't the addition of LTE, an A6 processor that's claimed to be twice as fast as the one found in the iPhone 4S, 1GB of RAM, a 4" screen, an improved camera with the ability to record video and snap pictures at the same time, and improved battery life when compared to the 4S impress you one bit?

That's why I ask: what is the iPhone 5 missing that if it had it you would have considered dropping your current phone?

Drop me a comment below, or let me know on Twitter. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion.


Comments

  1. I think that traditionally, the iPhone releases with innovative and refreshing technology. At this point in the cell phone game, the iPhone is no longer coming out with new tech first. Many people aren't impressed because they've seen the tech from these announcements on their current phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But iPhone isn't just about the tech, it's about how that tech is applied. For example, the A6 processor is just about 1ghz and the phone has 1GB RAM and still the phone is out-performing the Galaxy S III. http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/16/first-iphone-5-geekbench-results-dual-core-a6-more-than-doubles-ipad-3-score-narrowly-beats-high-end-androids/

      Delete
    2. I don't think its that much of a difference to make people flip out anymore.

      Delete
    3. I agree with lashley, there is only so mich thinner, faster and lighter will get you. 3 more versions of the iPhone and it will be invisible. I want to see the pioneering technology, why doesn't the iPhone have NFC?? That's mind boggling! Someone else is going to perfect the technology and apple will be out in the cold. I've posted a blog detailing more of my opinion for you www.missrable.com.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts