Martin: Franklin Graham wrong to question Obama's Christianity

Here's another subject that I consider to be stupid in many ways: Obama's religious beliefs. Why do I think it's stupid? Well, one can simply say that one's own religious beliefs are, well, personal. When it comes to religion, whatever one professes, that is what should stick, right? If you told me you're Jewish, I'd believe you. I wouldn't ask 21 questions in an attempt to figure out what makes you say you're Jewish. If you said you're agnostic, then that should be it, right? End of the conversation, as far as I'm concerned.

But that's not the case with President Obama. Obama can say he's a Christian with a gun pointed to his head and some will say that he's a closet Muslim, or a member of the illuminati, or something like that.

CNN contributor, Roland Martin, said it best in his recent article: Franklin Graham wrong to question Obama's Christianity.

Furthermore, what if President Obama was in fact a Muslim, or proclaimed some other religious belief? Is there anything in the Constitution that can keep a person from becoming President for being anything but a Christian? The answer is, no. And, as far as I'm concerned, there's labor laws that specifically protect people like me, you, and Obama, from being discriminated against based on their religion or faith.

So, with that I say, if you question the President's self-proclaimed religious belief that he's a Christian, so what if he's not?

Comments

Popular Posts