White House Correspondents Dinner

I was watched parts of the White House Correspondents Dinner last night on CNN and was literally laughing out loud at the hilarity that was President Obama's and Seth Meyers' speeches.

Huffington Post and the Washington Post have videos posted on their sites.

I think by far my favorite part was Donald Trump's lack of reaction when Seth Meyers was grilling him with his jokes. My favorite of those jokes was probably the one where he said, "Donald Trump often talks about running as a Republican, which is surprising, I just assumed he was running as a joke." I also liked his comment that 2012 Barack Obama would lose to "2008 Barack Obama."

The President didn't disappoint either with his jokes and videos. I thought the introductory video was funny, and the one with the Lion King clip showing as if it was his birth video was clever. The one with the movie trailer was probably too long, but still kind of funny.

I also liked that the President took the jokes aside and for a moment mentioned our soldiers who are fighting for us, the journalists who died recently in Libya, and the victims of the tornadoes in the South.

Comments

  1. I hope to catch up with my feeds soon and catch some of the reports on this. Goodonya that you actually watched it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts