What's Been Happening Lately?

I've been busy lately with school, work, family, and everything else. I cannot wait for the semester to end! That should explain the long absence from writing on the blog.

Speaking of semesters, next semester I'll be starting the Spring 2012 semester at UCF! I'm very excited for the challenge, and the opportunities that hopefully will come about from going to school there. And, yes, I'm still continuing to pursue a degree in Political Science. I hear there's a lot of reading and writing involved, which I detest, but again I'm still looking forward to it.

I know I'm completely changing the subject, but I thought I'd mention that NASA recently opened up the VAB for Visitor Complex guests to get a glimpse inside and also get an opportunity to see a Space Orbiter inside. Endeavour is resting inside High-bay 4 (I think that's what it's called) at the moment, and I got a chance to see it before the tours started for the general public. Below is a video I shot the day I went:


NASA moved the Mobile Launcher on November 16th, and I got a chance to put together a quick video as it was moving along the Crawlerway on its way to LC-39B. Wanna see it? Of course you do! Here it is below:


There you have it, folks. That thing is going to [hopefully] carry the next-generation rockets from the VAB to the launch pads. It wasn't cheap, so they better put it to good use.

Finally, I'd like to change the subject again and say something about the GOP candidates... What is up with them? And what is up with the media paying so much attention to silliness? I guess that's their job, right. But it'd be nice to see the media reporting on what these candidates believe in so the American people can educate themselves about where they stand. That's why I encourage everybody I know to look past that and see what's behind the smoke. Don't depend on the media to do that for you. Do the research and think for yourself!

Anyway, while the media talks about Romney's religion and his tendency to flip-flop on issues, Herman Cain's inability to know what "No" means, Rick Perry's "oops" moment, Michelle Bachmann's craziness, I've been paying attention to Jon Huntsman. Just my opinion, but out of all the GOP candidates out there, I think he's the one with the highest chance of beating Obama in 2012. Not that I want to see Obama lose the election, but Huntsman has an impressive resume. He was the governor of Utah, he was the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce, and served as an ambassador to China for almost two years before deciding to run for office. Aside from the impressive resume, it also seems like he has an overall record of success. It will be interesting to see how the GOP race plays out.

Comments

  1. Hey Mr. See-Behind-the-Smoke, I know you picked Huntsman because he's not had is smokey-crazy moment. The question begs, isn't it the smoke that lets you see the real person and not the paid political advertisement they want you to see? Of course, one could argue that they are all crazy (hell, we're all crazy), so pick the lesser of two evils.

    I'll take a look at Hunstman but I'm still a Romney fan, if I have to pick one. Sorry, but I like flip floppers ... I believe it means they are willing to compromise. Right now, that's what the country needs most if we want to get things done. I'll take the bad with the good if something can at least get done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts