Atlas V Launch - Mars Science Laboratory - Curiosity

NASA launched the Mars Science Laboratory aboard a United Launch (ULA) Atlas V 541 rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station on 11/26/2011. The rocket carried the Curiosity rover, which is equipped with the most advanced payload of scientific gear ever deployed to the surface of Mars. It will take almost 8 months for the rover to land on the surface of Mars. It has a planned arrival date at Mars in August 2012.

For this launch I was able to watch it from the front of the NASA Kennedy Space Center Headquarters building. Not the most optimal site to watch it from, but as you'll see below it wasn't so bad either. I always think of how fortunate I am that I get to watch these launches.

Below is the video I recorded and edited using iMovie on my iPhone.


For the most up-to-date information regarding the MSL mission, please visit NASA's website at: http://www.nasa.gov/msl

Comments

Popular Posts